Sunday 7 September 2014

When the Other Woman Won't Leave You Alone

When my husband ended his affair, one thing that really ticked me off was the stream of email and Facebook messages form his now ex other woman. All I wanted was to be left alone, but she wasn’t having any of that!

When I’d told my husband I’d had enough and that he should be with her  if that is where he wanted to be, I sent her a message telling her the same. I was so sick of the whole thing!

Turns out, after I told him that I was at the end of my rope, but I was giving him one last chance, he decided he wanted to stay. To this day, I’m not sure what changed his mind.

We had our appointment with our counsellor that evening, and when we got home, he emailed her a “goodbye” message. She’d sent me something that said the affair wasn’t her fault, that it was mine, that if I'd been a better wife, he wouldn't have needed to turn to her, and that she thought I must hate her.

I sent her a very short message saying that I didn’t hate her, I just wanted her to leave us alone. I also told her that I hoped she’s learned from the affair and that she’d find a single guy and have a happy life.

Then I got another message from her that said I was wonderful, she would pray for us (?) and that she wanted to be my friend and that I should email her if I ever had any problems and wanted to talk.
To this day, i still don’t know what the heck that was all about!In what possible version of reality would I have wanted to do that?

After that, the barrage started. Lots of messages and emails, calls, etc. She said she hated me, said she thought I was great, said that she was so hurt and it was all my fault said she wanted to harm herself and it was all because of me.At first, I thought she was serious and I felt bad for her, but the harm she said she was going to cause to herself never came, She kept sending these messages.

When that didn't work, she started sending my husband anonymous messages trying to convince him that I was cheating on him. He was away on deployment to the middle east at the time. He didn't believe her, but it still upset him that she was not letting things go ( he knew they were from her, as she sent them from a work computer, and it showed who's account they came from).

What a load of bunk! I think she was just mad that I stood up to her and she didn’t reduce me to begging her to leave us alone. I think she would have liked that!
what the @%^& what she thinking?

Since she and my husband worked together, and since we live in a small town, I heard lots about her from different people, most of whom don't know anything about the affair. Turns out, she has been in many affairs since, has lost her job and is now pregnant and unmarried by a married guy.

I had hoped she’d learn and not continue to go through life like some sort of human wrecking ball.
boy was I wrong ! She just kept right on going, blaming everyone else for her actions as she went.

Funny thing is that when I'd hear these stories, I'd just listen and pretend to be shocked at how someone could act like that, when , on the inside, I knew all along what she was capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment