Thursday 8 January 2015

Is it ever okay to have an affair?

Is cheating ever justifiable? Is it ever okay?
From my point of view, it’s never okay. There are always alternatives.
One such alternative is divorce. I know that no one likes to think about ending their marriage, and it’s never an easy thing, but there times when it really is for the best.
There are people out there ( usually it’s people who are in, or have been in, an affair) who say ” it’s not that simple…I don’t want to hurt my spouse or my kids, I don’t want to lose time with my children, I don’t want to lose my house, half of my assets, etc. I’m unhappy in my marriage, and having an affair makes me happy”…
The logic of an wayward spouse never ceases to surprise me…
I mean come on, who do they think they are fooling?
What do they think is going to happen if they get caught? Their spouse and children will be hurt far more than they ever would be if the marriage ended on good terms.
I think the person they are really protecting is themselves…
I understand the fear, I understand the need or chnage and I even understand that a person can reach a point where being married is completely wrong for them…
but simply put, cheating is never the answer

No comments:

Post a Comment