Friday 22 August 2014

Onwards and upwards!

I was looking over some of the stats for my blog and I saw one search term that inspired me to write a post.
The search dealt with whether or not someone can heal after an affair.
The simple truth is yes they can.
I’m not going to say it’s going to be easy, and I certainly won’t say that the path I took is what is right for everyone. What i can say with 100% certainty is that it can be done.
From my point of view, the starting place is to admit that the affair hurt. It doesn’t matter if you are a betrayed spouse, wayward spouse or other man or woman. you didn’t come out unscathed. The question now is what will you do about it?
for some, they have enough support amongst their family and friends to pull through. They need to talk it out, take time to sort themselves out and then come out ready to face the world.
For others, they need more professional help. Maybe the wounds are too deep, maybe they don;t have enough support or are too ashamed to ask for help from friends and family or maybe they are just feeling so mixed up that they need someone with experience in counseling someone through this type of crisis. This is especially true if you have a mental health issue. Don’t try and go it alone…there are lots of people out there who can,  and will be more than happy to , help. Ask for it.
There are lots if forums out there who are filled with other people going through the same thing. It can sometimes feel overwhelming when you are trying to find one that is the right fit for your situation.  Of course, I’m biased towards http://www.hopeloveandhealing.com/forum/index.php , as I think it’s a great place full of understanding people, but take a look around and find one that best suits you.
Most importantly, remember that healing takes time. You can’t rush it or will it to happen. Sometimes it can feel as if for every three steps forward you are taking two steps back, but you will get there.
As I always say, onwards and upwards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment