Friday 22 August 2014

The lies we tell others, the lies we tell ourselves

Something about affairs that has always really bothered me ( one thing among many-lol) is the way that they turn people into liars. Whether you are are the wayward spouse, the other man or woman or even the betrayed spouse, you end up lying to someone else and even worse, to yourself.
These lies are hurtful on so many levels. My husband lied to me, he lied to our kids, he lied to himself. The same is true for his ex other woman…while I didn’t lie to either of them, I did lie to myself and to my kids…I hate having to lie…
I lied to myself when i kept telling myself that everything was okay, that he couldn’t be cheating. I trusted him so much that I ignored the things I should have picked up on and seen it sooner. I lied to my kids about where he was and what he was doing. i told them he was away for work, but they knew better. They know I lied, and this was after I had always stressed just how important telling the truth is…what sort of lesson did I teach them?
My husband lied to himself when e convinced himself that he wasn’t hurting, that he didn’t need help, that an affair would cure everything and make him feel “whole”…that he could do what he did and no one would really be hurt…that we could just go on and be “friends”…it was weird
His ex other women lied to me…she’d pretend to be my friend so that she could gather information she could then turn around and use against me…she lied to him when she told him things about me that weren’t true…she lied to herself when she figured it was as just some sort of funny “game” that she could play and that none of it mattered…
Seems the lies we tell ourselves are the ones that hurt the most…

No comments:

Post a Comment